The struggles and beneFITs
My 7-Day healthy eating challenge came to an end, the results really started to take in effect around the 4th day.
Eating healthy by reducing sugar intake and controlling calorie consumption can have the following effects on your body in just 7 days:
- Improved digestion: A diet low in sugar and high in fiber can lead to improved digestion and regularity.
- Increased energy levels: By reducing sugar consumption, you can reduce spikes and crashes in blood sugar levels, leading to more stable and sustained energy levels. Consuming a balanced diet with sufficient vitamins, minerals, and nutrients can boost your energy levels and improve your mood.I usually take magnesium & potassium when I’m eating less to control my weight.
- Better sleep: Eating a balanced diet with fewer sugars and fewer late-night snacks can lead to improved sleep patterns. (I try to have last meal by 7pm)
- Weight loss: By reducing calorie intake and controlling portion sizes, you may see weight loss as your body burns stored fat for energy.
- Improved mental clarity: Sugar can impact focus and brain function, reducing sugar intake can lead to improved mental clarity and concentration.
These results may vary from person to person
With a busy working schedule, I always have a weekly meal plan to follow , otherwise I’m just going to end up eating anything I find in front of me.
The plan has goto be something easily accessible, as to not go off track of your end goal. Places like @getfreshcy offer most of the below or slight alternatives that you may replace with.
- Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs can go a long way with a cup of coffee
- Lunch: Grilled chicken salad with mixed greens and vegetables
- Dinner: Baked salmon with boiled vegetables
- Breakfast: Greek yogurt with mixed berries
- Lunch: Whole grain wrap with tuna
- Dinner: Grilled chicken with quinoa and steamed vegetables
- Breakfast: Smoothie bowl or shake with almond milk, banana, spinach or peanut butter
- Lunch: Quinoa Salad, grilled vegetables, and lean protein
- Dinner: light Stir-fried veggies (or boiled) and protein of your choice.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with almond milk, mixed berries, and walnuts
- Lunch: Grilled shrimp or chicken salad with mixed greens and veggies (avoid sauces, use light dressings)
- Dinner: Vegetable stir-fry with lean protein (chicken, beef, or tofu) and brown rice
- Breakfast: Whole grain toast with almond butter and sliced banana
- Lunch: Whole grain pita with falafel, hummus, and mixed veggies
- Dinner: Baked chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and mixed vegetables
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with whole grain toast and mixed veggies
- Lunch: Grilled chicken sandwich on whole grain bread with avocado and mixed veggies
- Dinner: Grilled salmon with mixed vegetables and brown rice
- Breakfast: Chia seed pudding with mixed berries and almonds
- Lunch: Whole grain quinoa salad with mixed greens, veggies, and grilled chicken
- Dinner: Carrot Ginger soup, or any other water based soup.
Make sure you drink a lot of liquids throughout the day. Try and get at least to litres of water. I get a 1.5lt bottle and have it laying around the house, and I make sure its empty by the end of the day.
It’s always great to have some light snack around when you get the munchies. I usually buy a healthy pot and would take it between meals. Can be a yogurt pot, a healthy bar/ cookie or even a slice of cake that you can have in two parts.
When going out can be a challenge.
This week I had 2 events to attend to. The Wizguide awards with a cocktail afterparty at L’Atelier Robuchon and the arrival of Jamie Oliver in Cyprus at Jamies Kitchen Limassol, with a cocktail party to meet him.
The trick here is to either eat a snack before you go and plenty of water.
At these type of events you most likely find some sort of protein, like mini burgers . What I did, is took out the beef and tomato and ate without the bun and extras. As for drinking goes, you can always have a Gin & Tonic. Fortunately found mini burgers at both events and that helped suppress my hunger.
We didn’t finish till late at Robuchon, so I had am apple when I got home.
At Jamies I had some protein from the mini burgers, and then went along and had my normal dinner salad that was planned for the night.
On my first day, Getfresh noticed the tags in my stories and offered me to visit the new store at Mall Of Cyprus whenever I needed to , and was pleased to help me out with the challenge, which was very nice of them.
They mentioned they also have a new app which I could easily see the daily menu and order for delivery or pickup.
You can see the full menu from both stores here www.getfresh.com.cy as they offer not just an extensive healthy range of meals, but also some great cheat meals like the all time classic Lountza Halloumi sandwich which I use to get at least once a month back in the days when my office was located right next to the main GetFresh Store downtown Nicosia. Working from home has its benefits, but I do miss those days of meeting colleagues from breakfast and lunch. Get Fresh also happens to be nominated for the InBusiness small / medium enterprise awards, you may vote for them here => VOTE
So Today Monday 6th February after a full 7 days, I lost a total of 2.3kg in a week. I was always one to loose kilos easy, but I feel less bloated, lighter and more energetic these days. For that reason, I’m extending my health challenge for an unlimited time frame. I will be going to London next week, so no promises there (LOL)
Stay tuned for more.